Lead Engineer Automotive
Gerald Franke (Engineering Manager Automotive):
“In the development teams we develop innovative, high quality integrated motion control solutions for the automotive industry. These mini hydraulic systems will be produced in our production plants for high demanding OEM and Tier 1 automotive customers. Do you want to be part of our development team in an international organization interacting with automotive customers worldwide?”
To support our ambitious global growth, we are searching for a:
Lead Engineer Automotive
As a lead engineer you have the task to lead and support the design engineering activities in design, development and R&D environments. Responsibilities are within the Engineering function as a technical leader and specialist for the core team of engineers and designers working on a project.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Plans engineering work for his projects and monitors progress. Eliminates issues and barriers to meet project objectives and schedules. Takes timely action in case support from the Project Manager or Engineering Manager is required. Sets priorities in the project and leads troubleshooting. Reports status of project development.
- Develops and reviews product and process specifications with customers, suppliers, team members and internal stakeholders.
- Develops design concepts with the design engineering team. Ensures the best concepts are selected with respect to project objectives (e.g. cost, performance, quality and lead time).
- Manages and executes the design process with the team. Ensures that prototypes are built and tested according to test plans that prove the design meets requirements and customer expectations.
- Discusses and defines engineering changes with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders. Implements engineering changes with the team. Releases the designs.
- Makes sure the output of his team meets quality and engineering standards. Considered competent in making technical decisions and trade-offs; is involved in solving engineering-related issues.
- Provides professional support and guidance to colleagues on a regular basis in order to contribute to the development of their knowledge, skills and quality of execution.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Advanced experience with (Automotive-like) quality standards such as APQP, ISO-TS etc.
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably in German, both written and verbal.
- Team player, able to work in multidisciplinary project teams.
- Knowledge of CAD tools (SolidWorks).
- Knowledge and experience with other engineering tools, such as simulation/modelling, design and calculation tools, FMEA and 8D.
- Experience in a multidisciplinary and international environment.
Choose opportunity – choose Power Packer!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, commercial vehicles, medical and off highway market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Gits, Weasler and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Commercial Vehicles, Medical, Off Highway and Airflow Management. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Are you interested?
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.