Jan Scholten, Project Purchase Manager:
“Project Purchase is a pivotal role for success in our New Product Development and Continuous Improvement efforts. For us Project Purchase is a core competence that we will develop further in the coming years. This will be an exciting journey for which we need strong professionals in Project Purchase.’’
For our Purchasing Department in Oldenzaal, we are looking for a dedicated and ambitious:
As an ‘Initial Purchaser’ you are responsible for the successful third party execution and early supplier involvement of New Product Development (NPD) projects, from the fuzzy front end. This means in this role you will be a significant contributor to the success of our business. The ‘Initial Purchaser’ reports to the ‘Project Purchase Manager’ and cooperates on a daily bases with the Product Management.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Challenge and (re)create functional/customer specification within the X-functional, international NPD teams;
- Suggest alternative technologies/components/suppliers
- Evaluate component designs regarding technical and commercial aspects as well as standardization opportunities
- (Pre-)select suppliers for (collaboration in) NPD & NCT (New Concept Technology) and timely involve suppliers into NPD & NCT projects; determining extent and moment of involvement
- Perform project specific data driven make-or-buy and develop-or-buy decisions
- Support with supplier involvement for current and future ‘product & technology’ development
- Monitor and research supplier markets and current suppliers for developments
- Build and maintain a strong network of suppliers and knowledge institutions
- Motivate suppliers to develop specific knowledge and/or products
- Coordinating, evaluating and feeding back supplier development activities/performance
- Defining work packages and setting targets for supplier development Perform cost analysis and define improvement activities for NPD projects
- Execution and monitoring of upstream RFQ’s
- Project Risk Management
- Optimize upstream Q,D,C within projects
What do we expect from you?
- BSc or MSc educational level with a technical and/or commercial background
- Nevi I and II or similar
- Minimum 5 years of (project/operational) purchase experience in a technical environment
- Solid Relationship & People skills
- Innovation skills
- Intellectual horsepower
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities
- Well-developed quality awareness
- Experience with financial models
- Excellent knowledge of English, and preferably German and Dutch
- Experience with PMI or comparable Project Management method
- Planning and organization skills
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
Choose opportunity – choose Power Packer!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, truck, marine, agriculture and medical market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Sanlo, Gits and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine, Special Vehicles & Equipment. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Are you interested?
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.